Martin Rane Bauck (b. 1988 in Oslo, Norway) is a composer. Sometimes he writes for the ensemble Aksiom, which he co-created in 2010.
Here is a list of what he has done and what he should be doing.
Member of the Norwegian Society of Composers.
- 2013–15: Post-diploma studies at the Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen, with Hans Abrahamsen, Niels Rosing-Schow and Bent Sørensen.
- 2012–13 and 2015–16: Studies in Literature and French, University of Oslo.
- 2010-11: Exchange year at the Paris Conservatory (CNSMDP), studying with professor Gérard Pesson.
- 2008-2012: Bachelor study in composition at The Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. Lessons with professors Bjørn Kruse, Asbjørn Schaathun and Peter Tornquist.
- 2016– : Founder and co-chairman of the concert series Periferien in Oslo.
- 2010– : Founder/chairman/manager, Aksiom.
- 2013–17: Board representative, Ny Musikk (Norwegian department of ISCM). (Deputy member 2013–15.).
- 2013–16: Board representative, Norwegian Society of Composers. (Deputy member 2013–15.)
- 2012–13: Teaching in analysis for composers at the Norwegian Academy of Music
- 2011–12: Co-editor of Donytt, the student paper at the Norwegian Academy of Music.
- 2011–12: Deputy representative of the board of Ny Musikk’s Composers Group.
- 2010–14: Co-chairman, finance manager and board representative, UNM Norway (Young Nordic Music).
- 2009–2010 and 2011–2012: Board representative, The Norwegian Academy of Music.
- Fluent: Norwegian, French and English.
- Basic knowledge: German and Italian.
- 2005: Norwegian champion in fraction math.